Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Back

The TKGA conference went well. I got to Portland Thursday night and spent the night with my sister. Friday we went to the conference market at the Oregon Convention Center. She had never been to one of these before. I blew my budget 5 minutes after I walked in the door. I found Japanese Knitting Stitch dictionaries. I now own 2000 new stitch patterns. Well some of them aren't new but I don't know which ones.

I don't read Japanese, but everything is charted, and the chart symbols are explained with illustrations.

I taught 4 classes and the students seemed happy. Saturday I taught Working with Color and Knit to Fit. Sunday I taught Simple crochet for Knitters and Fair Isle. My Sister joined me for lunch on Sunday. She took a class in the morning and was going back to the market with a friend in the afternoon. We have a picture.

I had dinner with her before going to the airport for the ride home. I did finish a couple of socks on the trip. The purple Trellis socks are finished. I still need to wash them and gift them. The yarn is Wildefoot Purple Passion. I have the pattern in her size, but need to check numbers for a larger foot.

Did I buy yarn? I did buy a little and then when I got home yarn was waiting for me! The green yarn is Panda Wool, a prize from the Tour de Socks. The others are bought or found in the conference goody bag. The red is Fortissima Socka bought for a gift project. The orange is for me. I realized that I didn't have orange socks . The brown is Red Heart Heart and Sole and the green is Red Heart cotton.

Other than that it's back to work. We did go to see a play This last Saturday at the Cleveland Play House. I had gifted the tickets to DH for his birthday. We saw The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams.

No comments: