Sunday, July 11, 2010

Misc. Catching Up

July 5 was family day. The gang gathered at our son's house for the holiday. There were fewer than last year, but we got everyone who was available. We have more family out of town now, and there was a death in the last year.

Tuesday morning my employee showed up for work. Unexpected, but she helped me catch up on the backlog. She usually works on an as needed basis and has only been working a couple of days a month recently. I actually had a little time to sew for the family. I need to do some more of that this week, We have two more birthdays to celebrate and another party to attend. Flannel pj pants have been a big hit, and the flannel stash is being used up.

The knitting project list had 7 projects on it. The orange socks are now finished. The pattern is a vintage one from 1944. It was designed for a man, but I downsized it. Yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Arizona knit with US #1/2.25mm needles. The color goes with a lot of my clothes.
Only 6 projects left to knit, 3 of them are pairs of socks!

No comments: