Friday, March 8, 2013

On to Jacksonville




Joyce took me to two yarn stores. The first one was called Wooly Bully, and mainly carried natural fiber yarns. I found some mink yarn there which will be a scarf. I also got some stitch markers and dp tubes there.

We also went to her favorite yarn store near the Florida State University campus. I bought some bulky yarn and a pattern. I've already knit the vest.

One of the other things we did was make more stitch markers and copper jewelry. She had taken a jewelry making class and wanted to show me what she had learned. The solid earrings are the cut out piece from the beaded ones. We made the necklace the next day.

After three days with Joyce, Julie came and drove me to her house in Jackson ville. I don't have many pictures (camnesia?), and many of those are on my iPhone. I did see the ocean, although it was cold and cloudy. I only visited one yarn store in the Jacksonville area. I got a pound of Great Adirondack wool in sport weight. It will make some sort of a sweater, a small one.

We were able to spend a little time in St. Augustine, not nearly enough time. I guess I'll have to come back again. We'll do the tourist bus thing next time.

I have phone pictures of the new calf that was born ro "Jim the cow guy's" bossy, but they want to upload sideways from my phone. Julie lives on  a secluded street near the Jacksonville airport. Jim and his wife Nancy have a couple of cows, chickens, turkeys, and sometimes a pig. Julie gets fresh eggs from Nancy and meat from Jim.

No more knitting was finished on the trip. I'll talk knitting on the next post.

No comments: