Thursday, January 8, 2015

The word of the day was "Hope"

Last Sunday at church we celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany.


The sermon focused on hope. I don't remember the exact connection. Hope is a good thing. Our pastor hoped for a warm, snow free winter, so that he wouldn't have to pay so much to the plow service. The priest wanted a snowy winter, so that he could ski. They both were happy! We haven't had much snow, and the weather has been cold enough for the ski resorts to make snow with their machines.

I'm happy because so far, my dog and I have been able to walk a lot.  We both enjoy that! I'll walk if it's not icy and the snow isn't too deep. The polar vortex has done us in this week, but Tuesday afternoon we got a walk in.  There was about an inch of snow on the ground, enough to cover any ice. It was quite cold, but I remembered that i have a pair of ski pants ( bought at a thrift store), so I was warm enough. My dog wears a winter coat all year. She's a real fur sharing animal when she sheds.

On the knitting front, I finished an elephant for DGD E's birthday and am now working on the next birthday.


I have a notebook with all the birthdays noted and room to write down gift ideas. I have an October request that I have ordered yarn for. I keep trying to be organized. Sometimes it even works.

I stared the new year by making a "basket" of yarn I hope to use this year, not the whole year, but to put in place what I know I want to do. This keeps it in front of my eyes, and ups the chances for completion. Some of the yarn is quite new and I know exactly what to do with it. Some of it is quite old, and maybe by looking at it enough I can figure out what it wants to be.  The oldest yarn is sock yarn, so it's just a matter of deciding on a pattern.

Today, I will finish the leg of a charity sock, so I can go back on autopilot for the heel and foot. A change of yarn is required, and I want to get that set up. I need to finish about 1/2" of the leg and the change yarn.

Dinner soup is made, so I'd better get knitting.

No comments: