Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Down to the wire

I said I wouldn't do this! I said I was finished last Thursday! Then I looked at my gift list. Grandkids and one daughter were giftless.

After the Christmas pageant with 2 grandkids, I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics. I knew they carried Patons SWS with stripes and I had one ball in my stash. That's why I started the mitts in the last post. The scarf was finished Tuesday. I can see why everyone is knitting this pattern. I might do another one with more contrast. That really finished the knitting. In the last 2 days, I have sewn 8 fleece hats for grandkids. The hats that were mailed arrived in Illinois today.

At work, I'm working on a special Tallis for a customer. She painted images on silk. I get to sew them to a length of silk and put buttonholes in the corners for the special knots. I'll get photos when I work on it next time.

This will be a quiet holiday for the two of us this year. Family festivities are on Friday at our son's house.

No comments: