Sunday, January 18, 2009

Knit, knit, reknit

Designing and redesigning can be hard work. I'm reworking a shawl designed by someone else. The design and pattern are yarn support for the company, and they had a parting of the ways with the original designer. I need to put a new border on the shawl and rewrite the pattern.

I had what I thought was a good border pattern. It took about 4 tries to get it to work. Depression, depression, joy! But no joy! It didn't work with the rest of the shawl. Try again! I think it was the 3rd try with the second pattern that I was happy with! Make sure you start at the correct corner, so the pattern works easily. This is a triangle, so I need to double up on the attaching points. It's looking really good now, and the border picks up the body pattern. Pictures later.

I haven't started the pattern rewrite. The border will be fairly easy, but translating the body of the shawl will take some time. The previous designer does not write clear, easy to follow patterns.

Updates
The scrap yarn scarf is no longer finished. The second end was wider than the first and it was a little short. I'll keep working on it. There's no deadline.

The Widdershins socks are finished and wrapped in birthday paper. They'll go out in the mail tomorrow. Eighteen yr. old grandsons don't get much mail and our schedules don't often match up.

I am knitting my Noro sweater at the rate of one mitered square a day. I should finish the second sleeve by the end of the month.

I've started another pair of socks for another birthday. They're Onion Domes socks from KnitNet in2002.

Weather in NE Ohio is white and deep (about 12"), but temps are now up into the 20's. Of course, that means it's warm enough to snow some more. We don't get snow when it's around o degrees.

No comments: