Saturday, January 3, 2009

Knitty New Year

I've been sort of working part time for the last two weeks. My dressmaking shop is officially closed, but I'm doing work for a couple of ongoing customers, so I work a couple of hours many days. I go back to normal Monday Jan. 5. That'll cut into the knitting time.

Since Christmas I have finished another pair of socks. This pair will be a birthday gift, unlike the last pair where I ran out of yarn and just finished them with what I had. The pattern is available in my Ravelry shop.

There was a rumor that we'd see my sister and her two daughters for the holidays, so I made two pairs of wristwarmers. Just finished the second one yesterday. They are put away in the gifts for the future basket.

I've had a lot of lazy time during this "vacation". I'd hoped to do a lot of things that remain undone, but I've relaxed. I'm trying to get a headstart on gifts for this year. When searching records of last year I found that I finished the first Christmas gift in May. Planning ahead does reduce stress. We have 3 January birthdays and 3 February birthdays. January score so far; one gift knit, one goft bought, last knit gift started, but it's not ready for its baby picture yet.

February gifting; MB - one small gift bought, need more, JB knit socks planned, KG ???

I bought me a gift today, a new crock pot. My old one is still good, but the lid is cracked. CVS had Rival Crock Pots in stock and I had a handful of coupons. I bought the new one for 40% off. I have a shelf where it can sit for a couple of months. It was too good a deal to pass up! I do quite a bit of slow cooking now that I rediscovered the gadget. It's great to come home form work and have dinner all cooked and ready to eat.

No comments: