Friday, January 27, 2012

Welcome home!

I walked in the house after work on Wednesday and was greeted by the smell of heated paint. DD decided to tackle the kitchen cupboard. She explains her reasoning.here. (Jan. 26 post).

Five shelves, about 5 feet long were emptied and the contents piled in the kitchen and dining room. I started to wonder how I was going to eat dinner.It will all be good when she finishes, but in the meantime, I'm living in confusion again.

Update: Friday Night
The shelves are full of dishes again, for now.

In the course of the domestic archeology that has been ongoing, some more photo albums were unearthed. One of them contained one of my favorite pictures from the past, taken in 1976 at boy scout camp. My husband and son! It was taken by a professional photographer, who shot at scout camp for fun. This appeared on our church bulletin at that time. (One of the priests was also a photographer.)

Arthroscopic surgery was performed on the Tree Bark Sweater, and the sleeve was removed. It looks much like this, except more knitting has occurred. I had a number of missteps in starting the second sleeve. I started it at work and when I got home a pulled it out of the bag, it came off the needlesin the middle and unraveled the cast on row. I failed at starting the k2, p2 ribbing, doing a p4 in the middle.I finally got the ribbing going correctly and messed up the increase row before starting the cable pattern. I think I have it how and am ready to start cables again. I've lost another cable needle. Seems it's time to buy some more.

No comments: