Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes, it's been a while

It's been a long time. I didn't realize how long. I've almost finished another pair of socks. I'm actually past the heel on the second sock, but no pictures. I'll have to fix that soon.

I've been working on a couple of stealth projects. One is a shawl from Aussi
Sock.

The other is a baby sweater. I've knit this twice before, but I'm working on getting the bugs out of the pattern. This sweater will either go in my future gifts pile, or be sent off with the pattern when I sell it.

I'm also making a Jojoland Swiirl Scarf. Again, this has progressed farther than the photo. I have one strip done out of three. The grandkids sweaters have been swatched and the working pattern is on paper. Knitting has not started yet, after the baby sweater.

Winter is back here in NE Ohio, but there was enough warm weather to melt the snow. Dog walking has started again. We're both happy with that. I don't mind snow, but ice and depth of snow don't work.

Valentine's Day was quiet. I work on Saturdays. We went to a Cleveland Orchestra concert in the evening. t was a great program: Samuel Barber's Overture to The School for Scandal, Brahms Violin Concerto, and Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4. The violin concerto was palyed by a young man I hadn't heard of before, Nikolaj Znaider from Denmark. He was awesome. I was also impressed by his suit. It was colarless and lined in bright red. The red reflected on his sleeve cuffs and could be seen at the hem and pocket flaps. Usually lining ends a little farther from the hem edge.

Today I spent time cooking, as I often do on my day off. I made a big pot of bean soup from an old Woman's Day cookbook. That will be eaten later in the week and some of it frozen. Dinner was a beef and corn shepherd pie that is a family favorite. It's nice to eat casseroles, but they take long enough to cook, that they're not a good choice on a work night. Reheating works well, and the flavors have blended with time.

No comments: