Thursday, September 17, 2009

Signs of the season

The times, they are a-changing

These maple leaves were the first color I've seen, with this tree far ahead of the others in the neighborhood. I'M NOT READY!!

Dogwood trees show color and seeds. I don't remember seeing the seeds before. I don't often walk the dog past this tree, but remembered it from when it flowered.

The oak trees are bombing us with acorns. Squirrels are eating them like crazy. Cars run over them in the streets.

It's Goldenrod time. Luckily I'm not allergic. I was surprised to find these in a front yard, but I've seen other plants around too.

The Black Eyed Susans have been blooming for a while, but they also mean the end of summer.


We have Socks

I've been working on a pair of socks from a mystery pattern on the Crystal Palace blog. They are finally finished. The beads were an afterthought by the designer, so not in the pattern. I got a better picture when I finished the first sock.


The yarn is CPY Panda Wool. It's 51% Bamboo. 39% Wool. The color is Ultramarine, a blue green semi-solid. Teh pattern had 3 heel options, from plain to fancy. I usually wear heelless shoes, so I chose fancy. There were two instep options regarding where the "leaf" pattern is placed. I don't know if I wish I had placed it closer to the ankle.

No comments: