Sunday, January 10, 2010

Did I say I was tired of knitting socks?

Well, that wasn't quite the truth. I knit a lot of socks to deadlines last year. I was tired of the pressure. This year there will not be so many sockly gifts. I'm still working on one of the last Christmas gifts, to be given when ready. Socks for my Yeti footed son in law. I'm running out of yarn, so will finish the foot with a solid yarn. I was afraid to make the leg narrower. It looks good on DH. Yarn is Saki from Prism.

A fun pair of socks
I was reminded of an old pattern I did for South West Trading Company a couple of years ago. Jester Socks have a fun cuff and then a lot of stockinette. Inspired by recent socks on the Ravelry Sock Knitters Anonymous group, I beaded the cuff. I'm using left over yarn. Wait until you see what I'm doing with the leg.

A wounded sock
This arrived from Florida the other day. Yeti SIL really likes hand knit socks. Apparently this is where most of his socks wear out. How to fix it? How to prevent it happening? The brown socks are reinforced starting just after the gusset. I'll patch this one and send it back with the brown socks.

It's winter in NE Ohio. We have about 12" of snow on the ground and the temp is below 20 F. Seems like a good day to stay indoors and knit.

No comments: