Monday, January 31, 2011

More problems

The blue Socks are finished. I ran out of yarn, but was able to get more. The socks looked like this when the yarn ran out.

The pattern is Niagara by Janel Laidman. The yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in Periwinkle. I added one repeat to the width of the sock and two repeats to the length.

The mittens are finished. Worsted weight yarn knits up faster than fingering, even in a fair isle pattern. I designed these, using elements from a number of sources. The main yarn is Aussi Wool that I bought last spring, knowing that the original mittens were dying. The fuzzy section is a combination of Bernat Boa and pink sock yarn.

I've started another pair of leftovers socks. The pattern is called Cranberry Biscotti. I'm doing them toe up, to ensure that I don't run out of yarn. The pattern is going quickly, since it is largely stockinette.

Sewing is happening, and it's for me. I'm making another unlined jacket, this time from light weight wool. I used lining to put a Hong Kong finish on all exposed seams. I'm using two different wools from stash. The collar and all other edges are a little heavier than the body. I have all the pieces together, but forgot to bring the camera to work. There is some finishing to do still.

I was wrong about the three closets to empty, there are four. Three are now mostly empty. The wall paper steaming is going to be delayed. The weathermen predict icy rain for that day, which makes for slippery footing for moving machinery. Also we are having boiler/furnace trouble. It appears that something has gotten down the chimney and is blocking air flow to the burners., creating havoc with electronic controls. Repair people have come twice and we still have problems. Tomorrow, they plan to check what is in the chimney.

No comments: