Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lazy? Weekend

I got much knitting done. I really needed to decompress after the prom dresses. I finished the swatches for the TNNA (wholesale trade show) Great Wall of Yarn. It's in Columbus, OH the first weekend in June. This is where yarn store owners and other needlework store owners go to see the new yarns and place orders. I swatched 4 yarns this time. The yarn in the upper left is made of Bamboo and Bison down. The white swatch is silk boucle. The multicolor swatch is crocheted from a Prism ribbon yarn with metallic sparkle. The mutant sock is Acquerello form Aurora yarns.

Memorial Day celebrations consisted of a picnic at the home of DD the artist. She has a small home, so hosts an outdoor party. Now that the kids are adults, my contribution to a family party is small. This time we were asked to bring ice and chairs. I have only 2 pictures. This is littlest grandchild and his mom.

I also got a good picture of my dogwalking companion Bronte. She's still learning how to behave in a crowd of people. It's hard when you live in a small pack with only 2 people.

No comments: