Friday, May 30, 2008

Flowers, dates and other stuff

Friday

Last post I wished for Lilies of the Valley. This morning, some were waiting on the curb for me on our dog walk. They were even put on a plastic tray for ease of transport. I came back with a car and they are now mine.

A few years ago, DD the quilter and her honey bought a fixer -upper house in Erie, PA. She mentioned that every time they went on a date, they went to Lowe's first to get something for the house. DH picked up on that "date" idea. The only time we go on a "date" we go to Home Depot to get something for the house. Friday night was one of those "dates". He needed new sprinkler heads for the sprinkler system he installed in the back yard. We do go out other times for concerts and meals. They're not labeled "date".

Saturday

Another work day. I delivered a prom skirt to one of the dry cleaners I do work for. A last minute hem, only 2 layers of fabric. I had another prom dress to alter, which came into the shop 1/2 hour before closing. It needed a hem and the bodice needed taking in a little. Strapless dresses should not need tugging at the whole night. The dress was picked up............1/2 hour before closing. I think that's it for this year, really!!

Sunday

We had breakfast at a restaurant with DH and his family. We try to do this once a month. It's cheaper than other meals, with fewer schedule conflicts. DS had thought about riding in a bicycle race, but had too many other things to do. He's a serious racer, writing about it in his Bicycle Addict blog. (see sidebar)

I got the Lilies of the Valley into the ground this afternoon. I also finished the back of my Beyond Love T. Two dishcloths joined the gift pile. One has been living in the kitchen, growing slowly while things cooked.

Monday
One week until we leave for the wedding, by train. The knitting and crochet projects are organized, yarn is wound, patterns are in bags with the projects. Now to organize the clothes. DH's new suit has been altered. I just need to bring it home from the shop. I know what I'm wearing for the important events. Just need to wash things like underwear.

No comments: