Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's county fair time

This morning, I judged needlework for the Cuyahoga County Fair. This is one of the larger fairs in Ohio. I judged crochet, knitting, rug hooking, and afghans, both crochet and knit.

Now that the Tour de Sox is finished, I was free to finish the July Mystery socks. The first sock was finished twice. If all fails, read the instructions. I had worked the ribbing, without the little band at the top. It looks better as the designer intended. The yarn is Opal, needles size US#0/2.0mm, worked at 10 st/in, so there was a lot of knitting. The heel is a little different, but I like it and will probably use it again.

I've been swatching for my Olympic socks. I'm in OlympicSocks 2008 and Ravelympics. I'm using Panda Cotton in the Fruit salad color. I'll be working toe up, so gauge isn't a issue at this point. I needed a pattern that would work with this color repeat, also I needed it to be simple because I'm also knitting a vest during the Olympics, the Shy Sheep Vest by Mabel Corbett. I have a kit. A gauge swatch will be knit before Friday morning. I really want this to fit.

No comments: