Tuesday, January 22, 2008

B is for..., and socks

Sunday morning we woke up to frigid temps (about 10 F) and this winter lace. I love how snowy days are so beautiful, with all the sounds muffled. Bronte and I were out before any streets were plowed. Few people had left any footprints.

B is for Bronte, our dog. She's an Australian Cattle Dog named by a previous owner for Bronte Bay Australia. She's a 35 pound bundle of energy. We've had some battles of wills, but with a lot of hard work, I think we've some out on top. She's gotten to the point where she's not usually a holy terror.

On the sock front, I finished John's socks today. I ran out of green yarn as I said the other day. I added a coordinate leftover. I have used this yarn for him before without running short. I must have used smaller needles this time.

The other 2 pairs are almost finished. I have the final clue for the January mystery socks with the heart heels. I'm almost finished with the gold socks, which have turned out to be knee socks. I think that this is longer than the designer planned, but works for me. Photos when both gold socks are finished.

I've also been sewing for the family. Two grand children have birthdays being celebrated this Saturday. I made them fleece hoodies. EB is 3 and her big brother MB will be 5. His hoodie has baseball players on it. The pattern is from Butterick.

Today's mail also brought a beautiful wedding invitation from DD Joyce. I haven't opened the card, but there are many things inside it. I'll have to see if I can open the card without undoing the ribbon.

2 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Beautiful snow! It was pretty here, too, but awful driving this morning.

Wonderful B!

Jolynn said...

I like the leftover yarn on the toe of the socks. I saw a photo recently of socks made entirely from leftover yarn. They looked cute!