Saturday, July 4, 2009

More sock knitting

Socks get knit much faster with an easy pattern and thicker yarn. I used Patons Kroy Sock 4 ply, which is thicker than most of the yarns I use. It wanted to be knit on US# 2/2.75mm needles. The pattern is a variation of one in the first Vogue Stitchionary. I still need to write up it up.

The contrast yarn was used to make sure that I wouldn't run out of yarn. Of course, I probably had enough this time. I'm tired of running out of yarn on guy's socks.

These will go to my son tomorrow for his birthday. On to the next pair. The next birthday is July 18.

I'm off work for four days in a row and had great plans for what I would finish. I don't think I've finished anything but the socks, although I have worked on a number of items. I've almost finished the pattern for the black shawl and need to contact the yarn comapny owner so we can take pictures. The shawl was delivered 2 weeks ago at TNNA.

Tomorrow is a big family gathering holiday/birthday thing. Tonight is quiet. We'll try to watch fireworks on TV. I can knit on a vest for a grandson Christmas present. The next socks are cast on, but I'm taking a break.

No comments: